This appliance server includes the vCloud Automation Center console, which provides a single portal for self-service provisioning and management of cloud services, as well as authoring and administration.
Using vSphere web client, right click on your Datacenter and select “Deploy OVF Template…”
Select Virtual Machine name and destination folder. then select where to run the deployed template and its storage location.
Choose the networks to use and then customize the ovf properties (root pwd, host name, IP, etc)
Once the appliance is fully deployed and powered on:
- Browse to https://<appliance FQDN>:5480 and log in using root credentials
- Set up time server, I use my internal NTP server
- On vCAC host settings tab type FQDN of vCAC appliance
- Generate self-signed certificate or import signed cert
- Connect vCAC appliance to vCAC SSO appliance, don’t forget to append SSO port 7444 to SSO host name
- Go to the Licensing tab and enter in your license key
Setup of this appliance is completed. In the next post we will proceed installing Iaas Components.