After the version 2.5 announced several months ago, PernixData officially released FVP Version 3.0 and the new FVP Freedom Platform.
These are the main features:
- vSphere 6.0 support: new release now fully support vSphere 6.0 with hosts running ESXi 5.1 or newer. FVP 3.0 will no longer support vSphere 5.0 platform.
- HTML 5 user interface: a brand new standalone web client interface has been introduced to configure and monitor all FVP clusters. In addition you have the visibility into other FVP clusters that may reside in a different vCenter or vSphere cluster. FVP 3.0 still includes the vCenter plugin to give the basic FVP analytics.
- Redesigned license activation process: you can now activate and manage all of your licensing online through the new PernixData UI. The license key is the only thing you need while the new FVP licensing activation process will do the rest.
- New audit log: FVP 3.0 now has a separate audit log that allows a quick review of what’s changed without having to visit each host in vCenter.
- PernixPlus support: a new functionality that is more or less like the call home feature provided by some other vendors.
FVP 3.0 can be downloaded here: http://www.pernixdata.com/free-downloads
The other big announce is FVP Freedom that takes several elements of FVP, like the read acceleration and Distributed Fault Tolerant Memory (DFTM), and makes them available for free without any time limitation. With FVP Freedom, you can have the performance benefits of server-side storage acceleration simply by downloading the software and carving out a piece of memory from existing servers. The main limit is that it doesn’t provide write back feature, but support both SSD/Flash and RAM as read cache.
FVP freedom can be downloaded here: https://get.pernixdata.com/FVP-Freedom