VMware has just released the new version of VMware Horizon: version 7.6 has several improvements as documented in the release notes.
VMware has also released VMware User Environment Manager 9.5 and VMware AppVolumes 2.14.2.
Horizon 7 version 7.6 includes the following new features:
- Support for vSphere 6.5 U2
- Additional features in Horizon 7 on VMware Cloud on AWS
- New functionality in Horizon Client 4.9: for information about new features in Horizon Client 4.9, including HTML Access 4.9, see the Horizon Clients Documentation page.
- New Horizon Cloud Connector: you can use VMware Horizon 7 Cloud Connector to manage subscription licenses to a Horizon Cloud node hosted on the VMware Horizon Cloud Service. A subscription license removes the need to keep, retrieve, or manually enter a license key for product activation.
- New Blast Extreme functionality, including adaptive transport with IPv6
- Geolocation redirection: you can enable the Geolocation Redirection option when you install Horizon Agent on a virtual desktop or RDS host to redirect geolocation information from Windows client devices to virtual desktops, published desktops, or published applications. This feature also requires Horizon Client 4.9 for Windows.
- Support for new GPU: NVIDIA GPU cards V100 and P100 and AMD V340
- Skype for Business feature improvements
- Improvements in the Agent for Linux VDI, including Instant-clone support for RHEL 7.1 and later versions
Before planning upgrade to this new version take a look at Horizon 7 Upgrades resource here.