Do not create both global and local entitlements for the same pool otherwise users might see two icons. Create the local pool, but don’t entitle it. Instead, create a Global Entitlement and add the local pool to it.
- In View Administrator, on the left, expand Catalog and click Global Entitlements.
- On the right, click Add.
- In the Type page, select Desktop Entitlement or Application Entitlement and click Next.
- In the Name and Policies page, give the entitlement (icon) a name. For Application Entitlements, it’s one entitlement per application so include the application name.
- The Use home site checkbox tells the global entitlement to respect user home sites.
- Change the Default display protocol to VMware Blast.
- Check the box next to HTML Access.
- Make other selections. Click Next.
- If creating a Desktop Entitlement then there are more options.
- In the Users and Groups page, add users that can see the icon. Click Next.
- In the Ready to Complete page, click Finish.
- Double-click the new global entitlement.
- On the Local Pools tab, click Add.
- Select the pools you want to add and click Add. Remember, only one app per Global Entitlement.
- Go to another pod and view the Global Entitlements.
- On the right, double-click the Global Entitlement.
- On the Local Pools tab, click Add to add pools from this pod.
Horizon 7 lets you configure Home Sites from within View Administrator. For Global Entitlements, Horizon will prefer pools in the user’s Home Site before looking for pools in remote sites.
- On the left, click Users and Groups.
- On the right, switch to the Home Site tab, and click Add.
- Find a user or group for this home site, and click Next.
- Select the site to assign the users to and click Finish.
- Home Sites can be assigned to both users and groups. User assignments override group assignments.
- Each Global Entitlement can have its own Home Site configuration. Double-click a Global Entitlement, switch to the Home Site Override tab, and click Add.
- Since you could have a combination of default Home Site for user, default Home Site for group, and Global Entitlement-specific Home Sites, it’s helpful to know which Home Site is effective for each user and Entitlement. On the Users and Groups page, on the Home Site tab, if you switch to the Resolution sub-tab, you can find a user name, click Look Up and see which Home Site is assigned to the user for each entitlement.